Guavas are tropical trees originating in Central America. Guava is a traditional remedy for a range of health conditions. Researches have shown that guava fruits and leaves may have a number of benefits in human health. Guava fruits are amazingly rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, potassium, and fiber. This remarkable nutrient content gives them many health benefits.
100 grams of raw guava fruit contain:
- 68 calories
- 14.32 g of carbohydrates
- 8.92 g of sugars
- 0.95 g of fat
- 5.4 g of dietary fiber
- 417 mg of potassium
- 228.3 mg of vitamin C
- 624 international units of vitamin A
- Guava extract can help improve blood sugar control in people with diabetes or those at risk. Guava can improve blood sugar control.
- Guava fruits have a positive effect on heart health by lowering blood pressure, decreasing bad cholesterol, and increasing good cholesterol.
- If anyone can guava daily; it helps decreasing symptoms of painful menstruation, including cramps.
- The high levels of antioxidants in guava may help prevent the development and growth of cancer cells.
- Guava is very beneficial for skin health. The antioxidants and vitamins in guavas can help to slow down the aging of skin. Moreover, guava can in treating acne.
- Guava is beneficial for pregnant women as it contains folic acid or vitamin B-9, which is recommended for pregnant women since it can help in developing the baby’s nervous system and protect the newborn from neurological disorders.
- Guava has stress bluster elements in it. The magnesium present in the fruit is responsible for one of the many benefits of guava, helps to relax the muscles and nerves of the body.