Turmeric is the spice that gives curry its yellow color. But this masala or spice does contain mixtures with medicinal properties. Turmeric contains curcumin, an element with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) of turmeric powder contains:
- 29 calories
- 0.91 grams (g) of protein
- 0.31 g of fat
- 6.31 g of carbohydrates
- 2.1 g of fiber
- 0.3 g of sugar
- 26 percent of daily manganese needs
- 16 percent of daily iron
- 5 percent of daily potassium
- 3 percent of daily vitamin C
- Raw turmeric juice works as a blood purifier for many blood diseases. Raw turmeric can help to eliminate toxins from the blood.
- Turmeric can consider as a preventive food for few caners also. Cur-cumin in Turmeric shows promise as a cancer treatment. It has protective effects against pancreatic cancer, prostate cancer, and multiple myeloma.
- The antioxidant effect of turmeric seems to be so powerful that it can stop your liver from being damaged by toxins.
- Turmeric is being explored as a treatment for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Turmeric can reduce the pain of arthritis because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Turmeric is also very good for the skin. It is also recognized to cure skin problems caused dues to air and pollutions.
- Raw turmeric has been identified to regulate blood sugar levels too. Diabetics can try on the raw turmeric to monitor the insulin levels.