Black plums are actually olive-sized fruit dark purple in color and has a juicy, sour taste. Black Plumps are extremely versatile too – you can turn them into jams, milkshakes, juices, or simply add them to vegetable or fruit salads or can be eaten with chilly powder and salt mix. Black Plum is a Powerful Fruit that cures many Health Problems like Diabetes and Blood Pressure. Black Plums are relatively low in calories but contain a fair amount of important vitamins and minerals.
One plum contains the following nutrients:
- Calories: 30
- Carbs: 8 grams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Sugars: 7 grams
- Vitamin A: 5% of the RDI
- Vitamin C: 10% of the RDI
- Vitamin K: 5% of the RDI
- Potassium: 3% of the RDI
- Copper: 2% of the RDI
- Manganese: 2% of the RDI
- Additionally, one plum provides a small number of B vitamins, phosphorus, and magnesium.
- Black Plum juice is one of the best dietary that cures diabetes. Although, the pulp of the fruit contributes to the fight against diabetes. Black plum’s seeds are the real stars in this case. They convert sugars into energy, hence, maintaining the optimum level of blood sugar in diabetics.
- Plums are a good source of fiber and have been shown to reduce adiponectin levels. Both characteristics may benefit blood sugar control.
- Research has also shown that black plum helps to prevent cancer and tumor. It helps to reduce the growth or spreading of cancer-causing cells.
- Black Plums are extremely rich in active phytochemicals such as polyphenols. These contain anthocyanin, which can prevent cancer and even heart diseases.
- Black Plums have many anti-bacterial properties. Its juice helps to cure urinary tract infection and gastrointestinal infection. The vinegar derived from this fruit can be used to treat swellings in the liver. The bark of this fruit helps to treat worm infections and respiratory disorders.
- Black Plum helps to purify your blood and for women, it is extremely useful because it cures your menstrual problem and reduces cramps during your periods. It also regulates your menstrual cycle. If your immunity power is decreasing, then this fruit is highly recommended to increase your immunity power.
- It is rich in iron; it is a superb natural blood purifier ensuring oxygenated blood supply.
- Powder of its seeds, when taken with yogurt, helps in breaking down kidney stones.
- Prunes have several properties that may benefit bone health by preventing or reversing bone loss, which may reduce the risk of conditions like osteoporosis.