Chia Seeds (চিয়া বীজ) are very good sources of fiber and omega-3 fats, along with a number of other nutrients. Chia seeds are extremely rich in fiber, antioxidants and several other nutrients which make them highly nutritious for daily consumption.
“1 ounce (28 gm.) of Chia seeds ( চিয়া বীজ) contains:”
- Calories: 137
- Fiber: 10.6 grams
- Protein: 4.4 grams
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6 grams
- Omega-3 fats: 4.9 grams
- Omega-6 fats: 1.6 grams
- Thiamine (vitamin B1): 15% of the RDI (Recommended Daily Intake)
- Magnesium: 30% of the RDI (Recommended Daily Intake)
- Manganese: 30% of the RDI (Recommended Daily Intake)
“Health benefits OF CHIA SEEDS (চিয়া বীজ)“
- Chia seeds also contain a number of important antioxidant polyphenols.
- Chia seeds may decrease the risk of inflammation-related conditions such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancer, and obesity.
- Chia seeds may help to reduce the risk of ovarian cancer, colon cancer, pancreas cancer.
- Chia seeds can increase ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid) in the blood. ALA is an important omega-3 fatty acid that can help reduce inflammation. ALA has its own insulin to lower blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes.
- Chia seeds may be able to increase levels of EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid) in the blood. Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) is an omega-3 fatty acid. Omega-3 fatty acids are known to nourish the brain. Getting plenty of them in your diet can help people with disorders such as ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), bipolar disorder, and even schizophrenia. They can also help prevent the conditions of Alzheimer’s.
- Chia seeds may also help to reduce blood sugar. Few studies have shown that chia seeds are effective for reducing blood sugar immediately after a meal. Chia seeds may reduce appetite.
- Chia seeds may also reduce risk factors of heart disease.
- Few studies have shown that eating 37 grams of chia seeds per day for 12 weeks reduced blood pressure and levels of several inflammatory chemicals, including C-reactive protein (CRP).
- Foods that are high in fiber help people to feel full for longer, and they are usually lower in calories. Increased fiber intake and a high fiber diet have been shown to help with weight loss. Chia seeds contain 5 grams of fiber per tablespoon, and their high levels of omega-3-fatty acids and alpha-linoleic acid may be useful for weight loss.
How to eat Chia Seed:
- Chia seeds can be used in any kind of sweet dishes as toppings, you can sprinkle this tasty seed as a salad toppings too.
- Chia seeds can be consumed directly raw. It is quite tasty.
- You can use chia seeds in lemon juice, yogurt or any juice.
- You can make a special drink with chia seed with water, lemon and honey and this will help in weight loss.