Flaxseeds (তিসি বীজ) are super healthy and a great source of fiber and omega-3 fats, particularly Alpha- Lipoic Acid (ALA). However, the omega-3 fats are contained within the fibrous outer shell of the seed, which humans can’t digest easily. If you want to increase your omega-3 levels, it’s best to eat flaxseeds that have been ground.
2“1 ounce (28 gm.) of flax seeds (তিসি বীজ) contains:”
- Calories: 152
- Fiber: 7.8 grams
- Protein: 5.2 grams
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1 grams
- Omega-3 fats: 6.5 grams
- Omega-6 fats: 1.7 grams
- Manganese: 35% of the RDI (Recommended Daily Intake)
- Thiamine (vitamin B1): 31% of the RDI (Recommended Daily Intake)
- Magnesium: 28% of the RDI (Recommended Daily Intake)
“Health benefits FLAX SEEDS (তিসি বীজ)“
- Flaxseeds also contain a number of different polyphenols, especially lignans, which act as an important antioxidant in the body. Lignans are phytoestrogens and are similar to the female sex hormone estrogen. Lignans, as well as the fiber and omega-3 fats in flaxseeds, can all help to reduce cholesterol and other risk factors for heart diseases.
- Flaxseeds also help to reduce blood pressure. Few studies have shown that flax seeds can reduce blood pressure especially when eaten every day for more than 12 weeks.
- Few studies have shown that eating flaxseeds may reduce the size of tumor growth in women with breast cancer, and may also reduce any cancer risk.
- The same benefits have been shown regarding prostate cancer in men.
- Flaxseeds also help to reduce blood sugar, which may help lower the risk of diabetes.
- Flaxseed helps in the weight loss process as it reduces appetite.