Black seed is a famous seed that also considers as masala for cooking. People around the world have used black seed (কালজিরা) for making medicine for over thousands of years. Black seeds are using for the treatment of headaches, toothache, asthma, arthritis, and diabetes from ancient times. Today, the black seed is most commonly used for asthma, diabetes, hypertension, weight loss, and many other conditions.
“100 grams of black seed (কালজিরা)contain:“
- Calories :( kcal) 344
- Lipid: 15 grams
- Sodium: 88 mg
- Potassium: 1694 mg
- Carbohydrate: 52 grams
“Health benefits OF Black Seed(কালজিরা)/ Black Cumin/ Black seed oil“
- Few studies have been shown that black seed/black oil may offer many health and cosmetic benefits, such as aiding weight loss, improving skin conditions, and even treating cancer and diabetes.
- Taking black seeds for 2 months has been shown to reduce high blood pressure in people whose blood pressure is mildly elevated.
- Taking black seed oil has been shown to reduce high cholesterol. It is high in healthy fatty acids which helps to maintain healthier cholesterol levels.
- Eating black seeds or taking black seed oil is associated with relieving stomach pain and cramps. Black seed oil can help to reduce gas, stomach bloating, and the incidence of ulcers as well.
How to eat Black seed:
- It can be used as a masala in cooking vegetables or meat.
- It can be consumed raw.
- It can be used in salad.