Pomelo called “pummelo” is the largest member of the citrus family. This large, pale, green or yellow fruit has a pink, white or red inside that tastes like a slightly sweeter alternative to grapefruit.
Pomelo is a citrus fruit that has a number of health benefits for people. For those people willing to do a bit of searching for this fruit, these impressive health benefits of pomelo include its ability to boost the immune system, improve digestion, lower blood pressure, and reduce cramping. It may also help reduce signs of premature aging, aid in weight loss, and boost oral and dental health.
One peeled pomelo (about 21 ounces or 610 grams) contains:
- Calories: 231
- Protein: 5 grams
- Fat: 0 grams
- Carbs: 59 grams
- Fiber: 6 grams
- Riboflavin: 12.6% of the Daily Value (DV)
- Thiamine: 17.3% of the DV
- Vitamin C: 412% of the DV
- Copper: 32% of the DV
- Potassium: 28% of the DV
- One pomelo packs 6 grams of fiber. Fiber can help add bulk to your stools, feed healthy gut bacteria, and promote overall wellness.
- Pomelo is very good for heart health. Pomelo fruit is a very good source of potassium, roughly 37 percent of your daily requirement. Potassium is a vasodilator, meaning that it releases the tension in the blood vessels, and increases blood circulation and oxygenation in the organs. It also reduces the strain on the heart and lowers your chances of atherosclerosis, heart attack, and stroke.
- Vitamin C also performs one very vital function in the human body, which is of enhancing the absorption of iron from ingested food. Deficiency in iron quantities leads to a condition known as anemia wherein there is a lack of adequate red blood cells in the body to transport nutrients and oxygen to all cells and tissues. Eating pomelo fruits will guarantee ample uptake of iron, from foods, into the system and promote red blood cell synthesis and blood passage.
- Pomelo help to reduce bad Being intrinsically high in potassium levels, pomelo assists in the maintenance of normal blood pressure. It also functions in promoting cardiac muscle activity, lowers the amounts of bad LDL cholesterol and naturally raises levels of good HDL cholesterol.
- Pomelo may have anti-aging properties due to its antioxidant content and ability to decrease the formation of ages.
- Pomelo may likewise help kill cancer cells and prevent the spread of cancer. Pomelo peel extract blocked tumor growth, boosted the immune system, and killed cancer cells. Few studies show that Pomelo has a positive impact to reduce the risk of pancreatic cancer, prostate cancer, and Lung cancer.