Fenugreek (মেথি) is an herb used in making medicines. It is a very common ingredient in Indian dishes and often taken as a food supplement. Fenugreek is an interesting herb with various uses and has many potential health benefits.
1 tablespoon of fenugreek(মেথি) seeds contain:
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
- Carbs: 6 grams
- Fat: 1 gram
- Iron: 20% of the Daily Value (DV)
- Manganese: 7% of the DV
- Magnesium: 5% of the DV
- Breast milk is the best source of nutrition for a baby’s development. However, some mothers may struggle to produce sufficient amounts. While prescription drugs are commonly used to boost breast milk production, some researches suggest that fenugreek may be a safe and natural alternative.
- Fenugreek seed play role in blood sugar control and the treatment of type 1 and 2 diabetes. Fenugreek seed help in aid metabolic conditions, such as diabetes. It seems to affect both types 1 and 2 diabetes, along with increasing general carbohydrate tolerance in people without these conditions.
- Few studies have been shown that fenugreek seeds can control appetite.
- Fenugreek seeds can lower down the cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
How to eat Fenugreek:
- Fenugreek used as masala in vegetable curry, egg curry, meat curry to increase the taste and flavor.
- It can be used in salads too.