Licorice is an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant herb. Yashtimadhu is an age-old herb that has been used for its exceptional health endorsing properties called mulethi or liquorice. It is an herb that is found in various parts of Asia and Europe. Apart from medicines, it is widely used as a flavoring agent due to the natural sweetness the extract has. It is also known to be beneficial in cases of low blood pressure.
• There are some evidence that liquorice in small amounts can be used to decrease sugar cravings.
• Licorice has anti-inflammatory, anti-allergenic, and antiviral components like glycyrrhizin and glycyrrhetinic acid which are beneficial for anyone with a respiratory tract infection.
• Regular use of ”Mulethi/Yashtimadhu” is can boost immunity. Thanks to the enzymes present in the root plant; it helps the body produce lymphocytes and macrophages that protect the body from microbes, pollutants, allergens and cells that cause autoimmune diseases.
• Yashtimadhu has anti-inflammatory properties that can treat chronic inflammatory diseases like arthritis.
• Yashtimadhu Comforts menopausal symptoms. The phytoestrogenic compounds in this herb help correct hormonal imbalance in the body to ease menopausal symptoms like hot flashes, insomnia, depression, mood swings, sweating.
• Yashtimadhu prevents Tooth Decay and Fights Oral Infections.
• In Ayurveda, “Yashtimadhu” is renowned as a brain tonic and revitalize. Licorice boosts blood circulation to the central nervous system and helps rejuvenate the brain. It is also comfort stress, helping calm and relax the mind.