Basil seeds are extracted from the seeds of Ocium sanctum (Basil) plant which is black in color. The health benefits of basil seeds are numerous. They look similar to sesame seeds but are black. The type that you eat typically comes from sweet basil plants; which is the plant commonly used to season foods. It is a great alternative to chia seeds.
1 tablespoon (0.5 ounces/13 grams) of Basil seeds contain:
• Calories : (Kcal) 60
• Total fat: 2.5 grams
• Omega-3 fat :1,240 mg
• Total carbs: 7 grams
• Dietary fiber: 7 grams
• Protein: 2 grams
• Calcium: 15% of the RDI (Recommended Daily Intake)
• Iron: 10% of the RDI (Recommended Daily Intake)
• Magnesium: 10% of the RDI (Recommended Daily Intake)
“Health benefits FLAX SEEDS (তিসি বীজ)“
1. Basil seeds can reduce inflammation in the body. Anti-inflammatory properties in basil seeds can help in dealing with swelling, edema and other conditions which are associated with inflammation.
2. Basil seeds are good for cardiovascular health. Basil seeds are very helpful in maintaining cholesterol levels in the body. They are used for controlling high blood pressure. High cholesterol levels and high blood pressure are two conditions that can have a negative impact on heart health. Basil seeds can help in reducing high lipid levels that protect the heart.
3. Basil seeds help in reducing stress and tension. One should consume basil seeds when someone experiences mental fatigue and depression. Basil seeds give a boost to your mood.
4. Just 1 tablespoon (13 grams or 0.5 ounces) of basil seeds could supply most or all of your daily need for ALA omega-3 fat which is good for cardiovascular health.
5. Basil seeds are rich in plant compounds, including flavonoids, which may provide antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and anti-cancer benefits.
6. Basil seeds control Blood sugar. Few studies have been shown that, when people with type 2 diabetes ate 10 grams (3/4 tablespoon) of basil seeds in water after each meal for a month, their post-meal blood sugar was 17% lower than at the start of the study.
7. Basil seeds May improve cholesterol. It has pectin which may lower blood cholesterol by inhibiting cholesterol absorption in the human gut. Few studies have been shown that people who ate 30 grams (7 teaspoons) of basil seeds daily for one month had an 8% drop in total cholesterol.
8. Basil seeds help in weight loss. It has rich alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), which comes from high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids present in the seeds. These acids help in boosting the fat burning metabolism in the body. It is also full of fiber, so keeps your stomach satisfied for longer and prevents unwanted cravings.
9. Just 1 tablespoon (0.5 ounces or 13 grams) of basil seeds is a good source of iron, calcium, and magnesium which help to fulfill the important shortfalls in your diet. Calcium and magnesium are essential for your bone health and muscle function, while iron is vital for red blood cell production.
10. Basil seeds relieve constipation and bloating. Basil seeds are known to naturally detox your body and regulate smooth bowel movements. It acts as a stomach cleanser. They contain volatile oils that help in relieving gas from the gastrointestinal tract and aids in digestion.
How to eat Basil seeds:
- Basil seeds can be used in yogurt, custard, Faluda, etc sweet dishes.
- Basil seed goes really well with lemon, orange, mango juice. Even it can be used in any juice.
- you can soak basil seeds 20 minutes in water and can drink with water any time.