Prevention of kidney diseases:
- You can protect your kidneys by preventing or managing health conditions that cause kidney damage, such as diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Choose foods that are healthy for your heart and your entire body: fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Eat healthy meals, and cut back on salt and added sugars. Target for less than 2,300 milligrams of sodium each day.
- A diet high in fruit and vegetables and low in salt, sugar and fats is best. Drink plenty of water and avoid sugary drinks (such as soft drinks).
- There are few fruits and seeds that are good for kidney health. Such as Black plum, papaya, banana and Pumpkin seeds, etc.
- Drinking enough water each day is an important part of your health. After all, about 60-70% of your body weight is made up of water, and every part of your body needs it to function properly. Water is also very important for good kidney health. We have to drink proper amount of water daily to keep our kidney healthy. It is suggested by the doctors that one person should drink at least 8 glass of water daily (3 liters to 4 liters).
- We have to drink more water at day time. After 7pm we need to drink less water.
- We have to avoid too much salt in our diet. Eating too much salt is associated with high blood pressure.
- For healthy life we have to quit smoking and drinking alcohol. Smoking reduces blood flow to your kidneys. It damages kidney function in people with or without kidney disease. Alcohol increases your blood pressure. The extra calories in it can make you gain weight, too.
- Regular physical exercise is very important to keep good health. watch your weight because being overweight increases your risk of diabetes and high blood pressure, which in turn increase your risk of kidney disease