Papaya is a fruit that can eat as a vegetable when it is green and it becomes a tasty, juicy fruit when it became soft tender and orange inside. Papaya is deliciously sweet with musky undertones and a soft, butter-like consistency; it is no wonder the papaya is reputably called the “fruit of the angels”. Papaya has numerous health benefits.
Papayas offer not only the luscious taste and sunlit color of the tropics but are rich sources of antioxidant nutrients such as carotenes, vitamin C and flavonoids; the B vitamins, folate, and pantothenic acid; and the minerals, potassium, copper, and magnesium; and fiber.
One small papaya (152 grams) contains:
- Calories: 59
- Carbohydrates: 15 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 1 gram
- Vitamin C: 157% of the RDI
- Vitamin A: 33% of the RDI
- Folate (vitamin B9): 14% of the RDI
- Potassium: 11% of the RDI
- Trace amounts of calcium, magnesium and vitamins B1, B3, B5, E, and K.
- Papaya prevents the Age-related macular degeneration. Zeaxanthin, an antioxidant found in papaya, filters out harmful blue light rays. Higher intake of all fruits has been shown to decrease the risk of and progression of age-related macular degeneration.
- Research suggests that the antioxidants in papaya may reduce cancer risk and perhaps even slow cancer progression.
- Papaya is a rich source of antioxidants, phytonutrients, and flavonoids that prevent your cells from undergoing free radical damage. Some studies have also linked the consumption papaya to a reduced risk of colon cancer and prostate cancer.
- Papaya helps to reduce stress. The wonder fruit is rich in several nutrients like Vitamin C, which can keep you free from stress & Anxiety.
- Arthritis can be a debilitating disease and people who have it may find their quality of life reduced significantly. Eating papayas are good for your bones as they have anti-inflammatory properties along with Vitamin C, which helps in keeping various forms of
- The potassium present in the fruit is a huge supporter of kidney health. It cleans out the toxins deposited in the kidneys and reduced the accumulation of uric acid in the blood. Papaya seeds also play an important part in keeping the kidney healthy. The presence of flavonoids in it helps in keeping the cells from degenerating and prevents the kidney from dysfunctioning.
- Papaya fruit is known for its sweetness, it is great for people who have diabetes or want to reduce the risks of getting it. The sweetness is natural and unlike other fruits, it has low sugar content as well as low glucose levels. With high-quality nutrients and various health benefits, it maintains blood sugar levels and cholesterol.
- The fiber, potassium, and vitamin content in papaya all help to protect against heart disease. An increase in potassium intake along with a decrease in sodium intake is the most important dietary change that a person can make to reduce their risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Papaya is anti-aging and works wonder for skin health. Skin is the largest organ of your body and it reflects the inner workings of your body. For healthy and glowing skin, include papaya in your daily diet. It is packed with Vitamin A, Vitamin C, plus Vitamin E, which provide quite a huge antioxidant dose. It makes the skin flawless and brighter, therefore, preventing wrinkles, sagging and dull skin. This amazing fruit can do wonders for your skin and is a natural source of alpha-hydroxy acids. AHA helps in removing the buildup of dead cells layer from the skin and rejuvenates the cell tissues, making them thicker and firmer.
There are no reviews yet.