Pumpkin seeds are extremely good for heart health. Pumpkin seeds are one of the most commonly consumed types of seeds and are very good sources of phosphorus, monounsaturated fats, and omega-6 fats, anti-oxidants, anti-cancerous elements.
“1 ounce (28 gm.) of pumpkin seeds contains:“
- Calories: 151
- Fiber: 1.7 grams
- Protein: 7 grams
- Monounsaturated fat: 4 grams
- Omega-6 fats: 6 grams
- Manganese: 42% of the RDI(Recommended Daily Intake)
- Magnesium: 37% of the RDI(Recommended Daily Intake)
- Phosphorus: 33% of the RDI(Recommended Daily Intake)
“Health benefits OF Pumpkin Seed“
- Pumpkin seeds are also good sources of phytosterols, which are plant compounds that help to lower blood cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Pumpkin seeds are good for type-2 diabetes because it helps in controlling the blood sugar.
- Pumpkin seeds are good for middle-aged people. It is good for lung and heart.
- Few studies have shown that those who had a higher intake of pumpkin seeds had a significantly reduced risk of breast cancer.
- Another study found that pumpkin seeds help to lower the risk of bladder stones by reducing the amount of calcium in the urine. Bladder stones are similar to kidney stones.
- Moreover, pumpkin seed oil can improve symptoms of prostate and urinary disorders.
How to eat Pumpkin Seeds:
- Pumpkin seeds can be eaten raw or roasted.
- It can be used in salads and vegetables too.