Sesame seeds (তিল বীজ) are a great source of iron & mineral that many people, especially menstruating females could use more of. Sesame seeds are commonly consumed in Asian countries and also in western countries as part of a paste called tahini. Similar to other seeds, they contain a wide amount of nutrient.
“1 ounce (28 gm.) of Sesame Seeds contains(তিল বীজ)“
- Calories: 160
- Fiber: 3.3 grams
- Protein: 5 grams
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.3 grams
- Polyunsaturated fat: 6 grams
- Magnesium: 57% of the RDI
- Thiamine (vitamin B1): 34% of the RDI(Recommended Daily Intake)
- 25% of the RDI(Recommended Daily Intake)
“Health benefits OF Sesame Seeds“(তিল বীজ)
- Sesame seeds contain a lot of lignans, particularly one called sesamin. In fact, sesame seeds are the best known dietary source of lignans, which act as an important antioxidant in the body.
- Studies found that postmenopausal women who ate 50 grams of sesame seed powder daily for five weeks had significantly lower blood cholesterol and improved sex hormone status.
- Sesame seeds help to reduce inflammation and stress, which can worsen symptoms of many disorders, including arthritis.
- Another study showed that people with knee osteoarthritis had significantly fewer inflammatory chemicals in their blood after eating about 40 grams of sesame seed powder every day for two months.
- A recent study found that after eating about 40 grams of sesame seed powder per day for 28 days, semi-professional athletes had significantly reduced muscle damage and stress, as well as increased aerobic capacity.
- Sesamin from sesame seeds gets converted by human gut bacteria into another type of lignan (important antioxidants) called Enterolactone. Enterolactone can act like the sex hormone estrogen which helps in the prevention of heart disease and breast cancer.
1How to eat sesame seeds:
- Sesame seeds used in salads as toppings.
- It is also used in various types of Chinese and Japanese dishes.
- It can be used in vegetable dishes and meat dishes too.