Thankuni or Centella Asiatica is known as the Longevity Herb for its numerous health benefits. Centella Asiatica, also known as Gotu kola, remains an important part of Ayurveda practice. Known for its rejuvenating properties, Centella Asiatica has other beneficial effects on the body and mind.
- Centella Asiatica Prevents Nervous Disorders. Thankuni has an antianxiety agent that helps in relieving stress, enhancing the mood and inducing sleep thereby calming the nervous system.
- Thankuni is also popular as brain food. It enhances or improves your memory. When the aqueous extract of the whole plant is consumed, it enhances memory retention and learning and reduces the lipid peroxidation and growth of endogenous antioxidant enzymes in the brain.
- Thankuni extract has been used to treat Alzheimer’s, a cognitive disorder and memory impairment disease. The herb is long used in Ayurveda to treat mental and cognitive disorders.
- Thankuni has immense therapeutic potential. The herb has a positive effect on anxiety issues.
- Ayurveda healers have traditionally used Centella Asiatica to lower blood sugar. Few types of research have been indicated that the traditional herb reversed common symptoms of diabetes like high sugar levels. Even more important, Centella Asiatica directly increased insulin production. The latter result suggests that Centella Asiatica could directly heal the pancreas.
- Thankuni heals the wound. In Asia, people often call Centella Asiatica as “tiger grass,” believing that injured tigers roll in the herb because of its healing properties.
- Because of the presence of anti-inflammatory properties of Thankuni, it helps in relieving from joint pain. The herb is used in treating arthritis.