Triphala has been used in traditional Ayurveda medicine since ancient times as a multi-purpose treatment for symptoms ranging from stomach sicknesses to dental cavities.
‘’Triphala” literally meaning “three fruits”. The Three fruits are Amalaki (Indian gooseberry), Bibhitaki, and Haritaki.
- Triphala contains a number of antioxidants that perform protective functions in the body. Few Studies have shown that improving with antioxidants may have some benefits in human body including protecting against heart disease, improving athletic performance and reducing inflammation,
- Few studies have shown that triphala is able to reduce blood glucose levels which actually help in diabetes management. Some examination suggests that triphala helps to lower the blood sugar and cholesterol levels in people with type 2 diabetes.
- Thriphala helps in weight loss process. In conditions of excess weight, triphala can be used as part of a weight loss program that includes a healthy diet and exercise.
- Triphala may help dental health in several ways. Triphala has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help prevent plaque formation, a common cause of cavities and gingivitis (gum inflammation).
- The anti-inflammatory ability of triphala can help treat symptoms of arthritis.
There are no reviews yet.